Sunday Worship Bulletin
Sunday Attendance Sign-in Form
Sunday, August 2, 2020
You can read more about the COVID-19 precautions we are practicing, here.
If you'd prefer, the service bulletin is available in PDF, here.
WELCOMING GOD'S PRESENCE
Words of Welcome - Rev. Dr. David Chisham via video
Announcements - Rev. Dr. David Chisham via video
Call to Worship - Carol Madere
Leader:Brothers and sisters in Christ, we gather to give thanks for all Christ has given us;
People: to praise God's holy name; to acknowledge and confess our sins;
Leader: to hear God's holy word and to ask those things needful for life.
All: Let us draw near to God and celebrate God's infinite goodness and mercy.
Hymn - O, How I Love Jesus - Hymn #99- Aaron Turnipseed
Prayer of Illumination and Lord's Prayer - Carol Madere
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Reading of Psalm 145:1-9 - Anderson Krupala, via video
Children's Sermon - Leatus Still, via video
COMMUNITY PRAYER & COMMUNION TABLE
Prayer Hymn - Open My Eyes, That I May See - Hymn #586 - Aaron Turnipseed
Pastoral Prayer - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Communion Hymn - Here, at Thy Table, Lord - Hymn #384- Aaron Turnipseed
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Communion Invitation - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Communion Prayer - Mary Thompson, Elder
Words of Institution - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Communion Hymn - Ancient Words - João Casarotti & Aaron Turnipseed
A Reading from Matthew 14:13-27 - Mary Thompson, Elder
A Reading from Isaiah 40:27-31 - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Today's Message - Does Religion Help? - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Hymn - Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - Hymn #560- Aaron Turnipseed
Invitation to Discipleship/Membership - Rev. Dr. David Chisham via video
Closing Refrain - Peace Be Upon You - Crystal Casarotti via video
Peace be upon you and guard you forever.
Go in the knowledge that God is with you.
©1995 Chalice Press; Used with permission.
Benediction offered by Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
- Please respect Social Distancing measures: You should maintain at least six feet distance from anyone not in your household. Do not sit in a pew with blue tape or blue signs.
- All entrances and exits should be used to maintain the six-foot distancing. Do not linger in the narthex, entryways, or aisles.
- Greet others with words, a wave, or a nod of your head -- no touching.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances/exits.
- Offering plates are available at all entrances/exits to avoid handling of objects.
- Mask/No-mask zones: Our no-mask zone is that area on the west side (Jefferson Hwy. side) of the center aisle. Those not wearing masks should also enter and exit through the west doors.
- Coffee Fellowship, infant and toddler nursery care, and on-site children/youth Sunday school programs are suspended until further notice.
- We are doing all we can to make an eager return to our sanctuary as comfortable for everyone in our church family as possible.
- Please check in using our sign-in form, above. Paper sign-in tablets are not being used.