Sunday Worship Bulletin
Sunday Attendance Sign-in Form
Sunday, July 12, 2020
You can read more about the COVID-19 precautions we are practicing, here.
If you'd prefer, the service bulletin is available in PDF, here.
WELCOMING GOD'S PRESENCE
Words of Welcome by Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Musical Prelude offered by Aaron Turnipseed
Announcements - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Call to Worship - Ray Acardo via video
Leader: O Lord, save us from hardness of heart,
where your word cannot take root.
People: O Lord, save us from shallowness of mind,
where your word withers away.
Leader: O Lord, save us from the deceitfulness of riches,
where your word is choked by everyday cares.
People: Grant that our hearts may be fertile soil,
where your word flourishes and yields a harvest,
bringing salvation to ourselves and those around us.
Hymn - Morning Has Broken - Hymn #53- Aaron Turnipseed
Prayer of Illumination and Lord's Prayer - Ray Acardo via video
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Reading of Psalm 65:9-13 - Anderson Krupala
Children's Sermon - Chris Culp
COMMUNITY PRAYER & COMMUNION TABLE
Prayer Hymn - Ancient Words
Pastoral Prayer - Rev. David Chisham
Communion Hymn - Here is Bread - "Chalice Praise" hymn #161
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Offering Meditation - via video
Communion Invitation - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Communion Prayer - Donna Embree
Words of Institution - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Silent Hymn - Be Still and Know
A Reading from Isaiah 55:10-13 - Donna Embree
A Reading from the Gospel according to Matthew, 13:1-9, 18-23 - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Today's Message - Sower, Seed, Soils, Sheaves - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Hymn - Everytime I Feel the Spirit - Hymn #592 - Aaron Turnipseed
Invitation to Discipleship/Membership - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Closing Refrain - Peace Be Upon You - Crystal Casarotti via video
Peace be upon you and guard you forever.
Go in the knowledge that God is with you.
Benediction offered by Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Postlude offered by Dr. João Casarotti
- Please respect Social Distancing measures: You should maintain at least six feet distance from anyone not in your household. Do not sit in a pew with blue tape or blue signs.
- All entrances and exits should be used to maintain the six-foot distancing. Do not linger in the narthex, entryways, or aisles.
- Greet others with words, a wave, or a nod of your head -- no touching.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances/exits.
- Offering plates are available at all entrances/exits to avoid handling of objects.
- Mask/No-mask zones: Our no-mask zone is that area on the west side (Jefferson Hwy. side) of the center aisle. Those not wearing masks should also enter and exit through the west doors.
- Coffee Fellowship, infant and toddler nursery care, and on-site children/youth Sunday school programs are suspended until further notice.
- We are doing all we can to make an eager return to our sanctuary as comfortable for everyone in our church family as possible.
- Please check in using our sign-in form, above. Paper sign-in tablets are not being used.