Sunday Worship Bulletin
Sunday Attendance Sign-in Form
Sunday, April 11, 2021
You can read more about the COVID-19 precautions we are practicing, here.
If you'd prefer, the service bulletin is available in PDF, here.
Check out our new online giving options, here!
We welcome and thank our guest preacher, the Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore, for being with us, today!
WELCOMING GOD'S PRESENCE
Words of Welcome - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore -
Musical Prelude - Dr. João Casarotti
Announcements - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Call to Worship - Bill Trotter
Leader: Join me in our call to worship as we read together this prayer from St. Francis of Assisi:
ALL: Lord make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we we are born to eternal life. Amen.
Hymn of Praise - Come, Christians, Join to Sing- Chalice Hymnal #90
Opening Prayer & Lord's Prayer - Bill Trotter
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Reading of Proverbs 4:20-27 - Anderson Krupala, via video
Children's Sermon - Crystal Casarotti, via video
COMMUNITY PRAYER & COMMUNION TABLE
Prayer Hymn - I Know That My Redeemer Liveth - Chalice Praise #225
Pastoral Prayer - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Communion Hymn - Let Us Break Bread Together - Chalice Hymnal #425
Communion Invitation - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Communion Prayer - Pam Comeaux, Elder
Words of Institution - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Post-communion Silent Prayer
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Scripture Hymn - Ancient Words
A Reading from Ephesians 4:17-24 - Pam Comeaux, Elder
A Reading from Ezekiel 37:1-14 - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Today's Message - Can These Bones Live? - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Hymn - Rise Up, O Saints of God! - Chalice Hymnal #611
Invitation to Discipleship/Membership - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Closing Refrain - Peace Be Upon You - Crystal Casarotti via video
Peace be upon you and guard you forever.
Go in the knowledge that God is with you.
©1995 Chalice Press; Used with permission.
Closing Announcements - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Benediction - Rev. Dr. Michael Elmore
Closing Voluntary - Dr. João Casarotti
- Please respect Social Distancing measures: You should maintain at least six feet distance from anyone not in your household. Do not sit in a pew with blue tape or blue signs.
- All entrances and exits should be used to maintain the six-foot distancing. Do not linger in the narthex, entryways, or aisles.
- Greet others with words, a wave, or a nod of your head -- no touching.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances/exits.
- Offering plates are available at all entrances/exits to avoid handling of objects. We offer PayPal and ACS online giving options. Read more here.
- Mask/No-mask zones: Our no-mask zone is that area on the west side (Jefferson Hwy. side) of the center aisle. Those not wearing masks should also enter and exit through the west doors.
- Coffee Fellowship as well as infant and toddler nursery care are suspended until further notice.
- We are doing all we can to make an eager return to our sanctuary as comfortable for everyone in our church family as possible.
- Please check in using our sign-in form, above. Paper sign-in tablets are not being used.