Sunday Worship Bulletin
Sunday Attendance Sign-in Form
Sunday, December 6, 2020
You can read more about the COVID-19 precautions we are practicing, here.
If you'd prefer, the service bulletin is available in PDF, here.
Check out our new online giving options, here!
WELCOMING GOD'S PRESENCE
Words of Welcome - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Musical Prelude - Dr. João Casarotti
Announcements - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Advent Wreath Lighting
Hymn of Praise - Go, Tell It on the Mountain - Chalice Hymnal #167
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Opening Prayer & Lord's Prayer - Judy Lester
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.
Reading of Psalm 85:1-2, 8-13 - Anderson Krupala
Children's Sermon - Pam Comeaux
COMMUNITY PRAYER & COMMUNION TABLE
Prayer Hymn - Good Christian Friends, Rejoice - Chalice Hymnal #164
Pastoral Prayer - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Communion Hymn - Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence, v. 1, 2, 4 - Chalice Hymnal #415
GOD SPEAKS TO US
Communion Invitation - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Communion Prayer - Vicki Krupala, Elder
Words of Institution - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Post-communion Silent Prayer
Scripture Hymn - Emmanuel, Emmanuel - Chalice Hymnal #134
A Reading from Mark 1:1-8 - Vicki Krupala, Elder
A Reading from Isaiah 40:1-11 - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Today's Message - Longing for Some Good News - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Hymn - There's Something About That Name - Chalice Hymnal #115
Invitation to Discipleship/Membership - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Closing Refrain - Peace Be Upon You - Crystal Casarotti via video
Peace be upon you and guard you forever.
Go in the knowledge that God is with you.
©1995 Chalice Press; Used with permission.
Closing Announcements - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Benediction - Rev. Dr. David Chisham
Closing Voluntary - Dr. João Casarotti
- Please respect Social Distancing measures: You should maintain at least six feet distance from anyone not in your household. Do not sit in a pew with blue tape or blue signs.
- All entrances and exits should be used to maintain the six-foot distancing. Do not linger in the narthex, entryways, or aisles.
- Greet others with words, a wave, or a nod of your head -- no touching.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances/exits.
- Offering plates are available at all entrances/exits to avoid handling of objects. We offer PayPal and ACS online giving options. Read more here.
- Mask/No-mask zones: Our no-mask zone is that area on the west side (Jefferson Hwy. side) of the center aisle. Those not wearing masks should also enter and exit through the west doors.
- Coffee Fellowship as well as infant and toddler nursery care are suspended until further notice.
- We are doing all we can to make an eager return to our sanctuary as comfortable for everyone in our church family as possible.
- Please check in using our sign-in form, above. Paper sign-in tablets are not being used.