Monday, August 31, 2020
Dear FCCBRLA family,
We have been in contact with our churches in Sulphur and Lake Charles, Louisiana, and it sounds as though our Sulphur church was unscathed, although homes of both pastors, Rev. Dr. Bobbie Yellott in Sulphur, and, Rev. Vince Endris in Lake Charles, have received extensive damage.
On offering our assistance, we were put in contact with a member of the church in Sulphur who has damage in and around their property, and we are planning a trip to Sulphur this Saturday, September 5, to assist in their clean-up. Please review the plans and details:
- Date: Saturday, September 5, 2020
- Time: Leave FCCBRLA at 6:00 a.m. and return that evening
- Location: Lyons Road off Rt. 27 in Sulphur, Louisiana
- Travel Arrangements: Individual cars, carpool, and/or church van depending on response
- Goal: Debris clean-up and clearing downed limbs
- Church provides: Drinking water, cleaning water, snacks
- You provide: Lunch; work gloves; yard tools including chain saws, pole saws, wheelbarrows, rakes, etc.; personal equipment including sunscreen, bug spray, eye protection, etc.; tarps to leave behind. It is important that you be self-sustaining, as power and water are non-existent.
If you are able to go with us, please contact Judy Lester (225-221-4478), or me (703-220-6011) at your earliest opportunity. We need to be able to gauge interest in the trip, preferred travel arrangements, and how many helping out can be accommodated.
Rev. Dr. David Chisham